Definition of 'peanut butter'
Translations for 'peanut butter'
British English: peanut butter /ˈpiːˌnʌt ˈbʌtə/ NOUN
Peanut butter is a brown paste made out of crushed peanuts which you can spread on bread and eat.
- American English: peanut butter
- Arabic: زِبْدَةُ الْفُسْتُقِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: creme de amendoim
- Chinese: 花生酱
- Croatian: maslac od kikirikija
- Czech: arašídové máslo
- Danish: jordnøddesmør
- Dutch: pindakaas
- European Spanish: mantequilla de cacahuete
- Finnish: maapähkinävoi
- French: beurre de cacahuète
- German: Erdnussbutter
- Greek: φιστικοβούτυρο
- Italian: burro di arachidi
- Japanese: ピーナッツバター
- Korean: 땅콩 버터
- Norwegian: peanøttsmør
- Polish: masło orzechowe
- European Portuguese: manteiga de amendoim
- Romanian: unt de arahide
- Russian: арахисовое масло
- Spanish: mantequilla de cacahuate mantequilla de maní
- Swedish: jordnötssmör
- Thai: เนยผสมถั่วลิสงบด
- Turkish: fıstık ezmesi
- Ukrainian: арахісове масло
- Vietnamese: bơ làm từ đậu phộng
Definition of peanut butter from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.