Definition of 'pedestrian crossing'
Example sentences containing 'pedestrian crossing'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It was at the pedestrian crossing in King Street that Christina saw her, a young woman in a fitted grey coat, pushing a pram. THE GOSPEL MAKERSThe Spreadeagle was along Anglesea Road from the shipyard, on the corner of a lane to a pedestrian crossing over the railway tracks. THE BOOK LADYOn the way to work, he braked sharply at a pedestrian crossing, and on the wet roads the car behind skidded into his rear. GRACE
Trends of 'pedestrian crossing'
Used Rarely. pedestrian crossing is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pedestrian crossing'
British English: pedestrian crossing /pəˈdɛstrɪən ˈkrɒsɪŋ/ NOUN
A pedestrian crossing is a place where pedestrians can cross a street and where motorists must stop to let them cross.
He was knocked down on a pedestrian crossing.
- American English: pedestrian crossing
- Arabic: مَـمَرٌ خَاصٌ لِعُبُورٍ الْـمُشَاةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: faixa de pedestres
- Chinese: 行人过道
- Croatian: pješački prijelaz
- Czech: přechod pro chodce
- Danish: fodgængerovergang
- Dutch: zebrapad
- European Spanish: paso de peatones
- Finnish: suojatie
- French: passage piéton
- German: Fußgängerübergang
- Greek: διάβαση πεζών
- Italian: passaggio pedonale
- Japanese: 横断歩道
- Korean: 횡단 보도
- Norwegian: gangfelt
- Polish: przejście dla pieszych
- European Portuguese: passagem para peões
- Romanian: trecere pentru pietoni
- Russian: пешеходный переход
- Spanish: paso peatonal
- Swedish: övergångsställe
- Thai: ทางเดินข้าม
- Turkish: yaya geçidi
- Ukrainian: пішохідний перехід
- Vietnamese: lối qua đường dành cho người đi bộ
Definition of pedestrian crossing from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.