Definition of 'personal assistant'
Trends of 'personal assistant'
Used Occasionally. personal assistant is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'personal assistant'
British English: personal assistant /ˈpɜːsənəl əˈsɪstənt/ NOUN
A personal assistant is a person who does office work and administrative work for someone. The abbreviation `PA' is also used.
She was a hard-pressed personal assistant to a busy company chairman.
- American English: personal assistant
- Arabic: مُسَاعِدٌ شَخْصِيٌّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Chinese: 私人秘书
- Croatian: osobni pomoćnik
- Czech: osobní tajemník
- Danish: privatsekretær
- Dutch: persoonlijke assistent
- European Spanish: secretario personal
- Finnish: yksityissihteeri
- French: secrétaire de direction
- German: persönlicher Assistent
- Greek: προσωπικός βοηθός
- Italian: segretario personale
- Japanese: 個人秘書
- Korean: 비서
- Norwegian: privatsekretær
- Polish: osobisty sekretarz
- European Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Romanian: asistent personal
- Russian: личный секретарь
- Spanish: secretario personal
- Swedish: sekreterare
- Thai: ผู้ช่วยส่วนตัว
- Turkish: kişisel asistan
- Ukrainian: особистий помічник
- Vietnamese: trợ lý riêng
Definition of personal assistant from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.