Definition of 'personal assistant'
Trends of 'personal assistant'
Used Occasionally. personal assistant is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'personal assistant'
British English: personal assistant /ˈpɜːsənəl əˈsɪstənt/ NOUN
A personal assistant is a person who does office work and administrative work for someone. The abbreviation `PA' is also used.
She was a hard-pressed personal assistant to a busy company chairman.
- American English: personal assistant
- Arabic: مُسَاعِدٌ شَخْصِيٌّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Chinese: 私人秘书
- Croatian: osobni pomoćnik
- Czech: osobní tajemník
- Danish: privatsekretær
- Dutch: persoonlijke assistent
- European Spanish: secretario personal
- Finnish: yksityissihteeri
- French: secrétaire de direction
- German: persönlicher Assistent
- Greek: προσωπικός βοηθός
- Italian: segretario personale
- Japanese: 個人秘書
- Korean: 비서
- Norwegian: privatsekretær
- Polish: osobisty sekretarz
- European Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Romanian: asistent personal
- Russian: личный секретарь
- Spanish: secretario personal
- Swedish: sekreterare
- Thai: ผู้ช่วยส่วนตัว
- Turkish: kişisel asistan
- Ukrainian: особистий помічник
- Vietnamese: trợ lý riêng
Definition of personal assistant from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.