Definition of 'personal stereo'
Example sentences containing 'personal stereo'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Her brother William followed, the head-phones of his personal stereo clamped over his ears, bobbing AN OLDER WOMANShe walked quickly, hips swaying smartly to the music of her personal stereo. AN OLDER WOMANShe came out of her room wearing a grubby pink tracksuit, a personal stereo, and a look of glum detachment. AN OLDER WOMAN
Translations for 'personal stereo'
British English: personal stereo /ˈpɜːsənəl ˈstɛrɪəʊ/ NOUN
A personal stereo is a small cassette or CD player with very light headphones, which people carry round so that they can listen to music while doing something else.
- American English: personal stereo
- Arabic: ستيريو صَغِير
- Brazilian Portuguese: toca-fitas
- Chinese: 随身听
- Croatian: osobni stereo
- Czech: walkman
- Danish: walkman
- Dutch: draagbare muziekspeler
- European Spanish: reproductor portátil
- Finnish: korvalappustereot
- French: baladeur
- German: Walkman®
- Greek: φορητό στερεοφωνικό
- Italian: walkman
- Japanese: パーソナルステレオ
- Korean: 휴대 스테레오
- Norwegian: bærbar CD-spiller
- Polish: przenośny odtwarzacz muzyczny
- European Portuguese: aparelhagem
- Romanian: aparat stereo portabil
- Russian: индивидуальный стереопроигрыватель
- Spanish: walkman
- Swedish: freestyle
- Thai: สเตอริโอส่วนตัว
- Turkish: kişisel müzik çalar
- Ukrainian: портативний плеєр
- Vietnamese: máy nghe nhạc cá nhân
Definition of personal stereo from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.