Definition of 'petrol station'
Trends of 'petrol station'
Used Occasionally. petrol station is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'petrol station'
British English: petrol station /ˈpɛtrəl ˈsteɪʃən/ NOUN
A petrol station is a garage by the side of the road where petrol is sold and put into vehicles.
- American English: filling station
- Arabic: مَحَطَةُ بِنْزِينِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: posto de gasolina
- Chinese: 加油站
- Croatian: benzinska crpka
- Czech: čerpací stanice
- Danish: benzinstation
- Dutch: benzinestation
- European Spanish: gasolinera
- Finnish: bensiiniasema
- French: station-service
- German: Tankstelle
- Greek: βενζινάδικο
- Italian: stazione di servizio
- Japanese: ガソリンスタンド
- Korean: 주유소
- Norwegian: bensinstasjon
- Polish: stacja paliw
- European Portuguese: bomba de gasolina
- Romanian: benzinărie
- Russian: заправочная станция
- Spanish: gasolinera
- Swedish: bensinstation
- Thai: ปั๊มน้ำมัน
- Turkish: benzin istasyonu
- Ukrainian: заправна станція
- Vietnamese: trạm xăng
Definition of petrol station from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.