Definition of 'phonecard'
Example sentences containing 'phonecard'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The telephone was an up-to-date model requiring a plastic phonecard to operate it rather than coins. A SONG AT TWILIGHTChambers slipped into the booth and dialled the Centre Point number after pressing his phonecard into the slot. THE LAST RAVEN
Trends of 'phonecard'
Used Rarely. phonecard is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'phonecard'
British English: phonecard /ˈfəʊnˌkɑːd/ NOUN
A phonecard is a plastic card that you can use instead of money in some public telephones.
- American English: phonecard
- Arabic: كَارْتُ تَلِيفُون
- Brazilian Portuguese: cartão telefônico
- Chinese: 电话卡
- Croatian: telefonska kartica
- Czech: telefonní karta
- Danish: telefonkort
- Dutch: telefoonkaart
- European Spanish: tarjeta de prepago teléfono
- Finnish: puhelukortti
- French: carte téléphonique
- German: Telefonkarte
- Greek: τηλεκάρτα
- Italian: carta telefonica
- Japanese: テレホンカード
- Korean: 전화 카드
- Norwegian: telekort
- Polish: karta telefoniczna
- European Portuguese: cartão telefónico
- Romanian: cartelă telefonică
- Russian: телефонная карточка
- Spanish: tarjeta de prepago
- Swedish: telefonkort
- Thai: บัตรโทรศัพท์
- Turkish: telefon kartı
- Ukrainian: телефонна картка
- Vietnamese: thẻ điện thoại
Definition of phonecard from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.