Definition of 'pile up'
Example sentences containing 'pile up'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
It's going to take you a lot of rounds to pile up those points. STONE CITYTeach them to pile up breastworks with anything they've got, including their hands. DARE CALL IT TREASON
Translations for 'pile up'
British English: pile-up /ˈpaɪlʌp/ NOUN
A pile-up is a road accident in which a lot of vehicles crash into each other.
...a 54-car pile-up.
- American English: pileup
- Arabic: إِصْطِدَام
- Brazilian Portuguese: engavetamento tráfego
- Chinese: 数辆车同时碰撞事件
- Croatian: lančani sudar
- Czech: hromadná srážka
- Danish: harmonikasammenstød
- Dutch: kettingbotsing
- European Spanish: choque en cadena
- Finnish: ketjukolari
- French: carambolage
- German: Massenkarambolage
- Greek: καραμπόλα
- Italian: tamponamento a catena
- Japanese: 山積み
- Korean: 연쇄 충돌
- Norwegian: opphopning
- Polish: nagromadzenie
- European Portuguese: choque em cadeia tráfego
- Romanian: accident în lanț
- Russian: массовая автокатастрофа
- Spanish: choque en cadena
- Swedish: seriekrock
- Thai: รถชนกันหลายคัน
- Turkish: yığılmak
- Ukrainian: велика аварія
- Vietnamese: tai nạn liên hoàn
Definition of pile up from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.