Definition of 'pileup'
Translations for 'pileup'
British English: pile-up /ˈpaɪlʌp/ NOUN
A pile-up is a road accident in which a lot of vehicles crash into each other.
...a 54-car pile-up.
- American English: pileup
- Arabic: إِصْطِدَام
- Brazilian Portuguese: engavetamento tráfego
- Chinese: 数辆车同时碰撞事件
- Croatian: lančani sudar
- Czech: hromadná srážka
- Danish: harmonikasammenstød
- Dutch: kettingbotsing
- European Spanish: choque en cadena
- Finnish: ketjukolari
- French: carambolage
- German: Massenkarambolage
- Greek: καραμπόλα
- Italian: tamponamento a catena
- Japanese: 山積み
- Korean: 연쇄 충돌
- Norwegian: opphopning
- Polish: nagromadzenie
- European Portuguese: choque em cadeia tráfego
- Romanian: accident în lanț
- Russian: массовая автокатастрофа
- Spanish: choque en cadena
- Swedish: seriekrock
- Thai: รถชนกันหลายคัน
- Turkish: yığılmak
- Ukrainian: велика аварія
- Vietnamese: tai nạn liên hoàn
Definition of pileup from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.