Definition of 'plain chocolate'
Image of 'plain chocolate'
© topseller, shutterstock
Example sentences containing 'plain chocolate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The range has recently been extended to include a plain chocolate variety but the original is the best. The Sun (2011)Add the plain chocolate drops to one bowl and the white chocolate drops to the other bowl and stir them in. Times, Sunday Times (2010)
Translations for 'plain chocolate'
British English: plain chocolate /pleɪn ˈtʃɒklət/ NOUN
Plain chocolate is dark-brown chocolate that has a stronger and less sweet taste than milk chocolate.
- American English: dark chocolate
- Arabic: شِيكُولاتَة سادَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: chocolate puro
- Chinese: 黑巧克力
- Croatian: tamna čokolada
- Czech: hořká čokoláda
- Danish: ren chokolade
- Dutch: pure chocola
- European Spanish: chocolate sin leche
- Finnish: tumma suklaa
- French: chocolat à croquer
- German: Zartbitterschokolade
- Greek: σοκολάτα υγείας
- Italian: cioccolato fondente
- Japanese: ブラックチョコレート
- Korean: 향료가 안 든 초콜릿
- Norwegian: mørk sjokolade
- Polish: zwykła czekolada
- European Portuguese: chocolate puro
- Romanian: ciocolată simplă
- Russian: черный шоколад
- Spanish: chocolate amargo
- Swedish: mörk choklad
- Thai: ช็อกโกแลตที่รสค่อนข้างขมและมีสีดำ
- Turkish: sade çikolata
- Ukrainian: чистий шоколад
- Vietnamese: Socola nguyên chất
Definition of plain chocolate from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.