Definition of 'playgroup'
Trends of 'playgroup'
Used Occasionally. playgroup is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'playgroup'
British English: playgroup /ˈpleɪˌɡruːp/ NOUN
A playgroup is an informal kind of school for very young children where they learn by playing.
- American English: playgroup
- Arabic: حِضَانَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: jardim de infância
- Chinese: 幼儿游戏组
- Croatian: grupa za učenje kroz igru
- Czech: dětský kroužek školka
- Danish: børnehave
- Dutch: peuterklas
- European Spanish: ludoteca
- Finnish: leikkikerho
- French: garderie
- German: Spielgruppe
- Greek: ομάδα παιχνιδιού
- Italian: ludoteca
- Japanese: プレイグループ
- Korean: 사설 보육원
- Norwegian: lekegruppe
- Polish: grupa zabaw
- European Portuguese: jardim de infância
- Romanian: grup de joacă
- Russian: детский сад
- Spanish: ludoteca
- Swedish: förskola
- Thai: กลุ่มเล่นของเด็ก
- Turkish: çocuk oyun grubu
- Ukrainian: дошкільна група
- Vietnamese: nhóm chơi cho trẻ em
Definition of playgroup from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.