Definition of 'pneumatic drill'
Example sentences containing 'pneumatic drill'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'pneumatic drill'
Used Rarely. pneumatic drill is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pneumatic drill'
British English: pneumatic drill /njʊˈmætɪk drɪl/ NOUN
A pneumatic drill is operated by air under pressure and is very powerful. Pneumatic drills are often used for digging up roads.
...the sound of a pneumatic drill hammering away.
- American English: pneumatic drill
- Arabic: مِثْقَابٌ هَوَائِي
- Brazilian Portuguese: perfuratriz
- Chinese: 风钻
- Croatian: pneumatska bušilica
- Czech: sbíječka
- Danish: trykluftsbor
- Dutch: pneumatische boor
- European Spanish: taladro neumático
- Finnish: paineilmapora
- French: marteau-piqueur
- German: Pressluftbohrer
- Greek: αερόσφυρα
- Italian: martello pneumatico
- Japanese: 空気ドリル
- Korean: 공기 드릴
- Norwegian: pressluftbor
- Polish: świder pneumatyczny
- European Portuguese: martelo pneumático
- Romanian: burghiu pneumatic
- Russian: пневматическая дрель
- Spanish: taladro neumático
- Swedish: tryckluftsborr
- Thai: สว่านชนิดที่ใช้กำลังอัดของอากาศ
- Turkish: pnömatik matkap
- Ukrainian: пневматичне свердло
- Vietnamese: khoan khí động
Definition of pneumatic drill from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.