Definition of 'pocket calculator'
Trends of 'pocket calculator'
Used Rarely. pocket calculator is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pocket calculator'
British English: pocket calculator /ˈpɒkɪt ˈkælkjʊˌleɪtə/ NOUN
A pocket calculator is a very small electronic device that you use for making mathematical calculations.
- American English: pocket calculator
- Arabic: آلَةٌ حاسِبَةٌ صَغِيرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Chinese: 袖珍计算器
- Croatian: džepni kalkulator
- Czech: kalkulačka
- Danish: lommeregner
- Dutch: zakrekenmachientje
- European Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Finnish: taskulaskin
- French: calculatrice de poche
- German: Taschenrechner
- Greek: αριθμομηχανή τσέπης
- Italian: calcolatrice tascabile
- Japanese: 電卓
- Korean: 휴대 계산기
- Norwegian: lommekalkulator
- Polish: kalkulator kieszonkowy
- European Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Romanian: calculator de buzunar
- Russian: карманный калькулятор
- Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Swedish: fickräknare
- Thai: เครื่องคิดเลขแบบพกพา
- Turkish: cep hesap makinesi
- Ukrainian: кишеньковий калькулятор
- Vietnamese: máy tính bỏ túi
Definition of pocket calculator from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.