Definition of 'pocket calculator'
Trends of 'pocket calculator'
Used Rarely. pocket calculator is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pocket calculator'
British English: pocket calculator /ˈpɒkɪt ˈkælkjʊˌleɪtə/ NOUN
A pocket calculator is a very small electronic device that you use for making mathematical calculations.
- American English: pocket calculator
- Arabic: آلَةٌ حاسِبَةٌ صَغِيرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Chinese: 袖珍计算器
- Croatian: džepni kalkulator
- Czech: kalkulačka
- Danish: lommeregner
- Dutch: zakrekenmachientje
- European Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Finnish: taskulaskin
- French: calculatrice de poche
- German: Taschenrechner
- Greek: αριθμομηχανή τσέπης
- Italian: calcolatrice tascabile
- Japanese: 電卓
- Korean: 휴대 계산기
- Norwegian: lommekalkulator
- Polish: kalkulator kieszonkowy
- European Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Romanian: calculator de buzunar
- Russian: карманный калькулятор
- Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Swedish: fickräknare
- Thai: เครื่องคิดเลขแบบพกพา
- Turkish: cep hesap makinesi
- Ukrainian: кишеньковий калькулятор
- Vietnamese: máy tính bỏ túi
Definition of pocket calculator from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.