Definition of 'pocket calculator'
Trends of 'pocket calculator'
Used Rarely. pocket calculator is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pocket calculator'
British English: pocket calculator /ˈpɒkɪt ˈkælkjʊˌleɪtə/ NOUN
A pocket calculator is a very small electronic device that you use for making mathematical calculations.
- American English: pocket calculator
- Arabic: آلَةٌ حاسِبَةٌ صَغِيرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Chinese: 袖珍计算器
- Croatian: džepni kalkulator
- Czech: kalkulačka
- Danish: lommeregner
- Dutch: zakrekenmachientje
- European Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Finnish: taskulaskin
- French: calculatrice de poche
- German: Taschenrechner
- Greek: αριθμομηχανή τσέπης
- Italian: calcolatrice tascabile
- Japanese: 電卓
- Korean: 휴대 계산기
- Norwegian: lommekalkulator
- Polish: kalkulator kieszonkowy
- European Portuguese: calculadora de bolso
- Romanian: calculator de buzunar
- Russian: карманный калькулятор
- Spanish: calculadora de bolsillo
- Swedish: fickräknare
- Thai: เครื่องคิดเลขแบบพกพา
- Turkish: cep hesap makinesi
- Ukrainian: кишеньковий калькулятор
- Vietnamese: máy tính bỏ túi
Definition of pocket calculator from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.