Definition of 'policymaking'
Translations for 'policymaking'
British English: policy-making NOUN
Policy-making is the making of policies.
He will play a key background role in government policymaking.
- American English: policymaking
- Brazilian Portuguese: criação de políticas
- Chinese: 决策
- European Spanish: elaboración de directrices generales
- French: élaboration de politiques
- German: politische Entscheidungsfindung
- Italian: messa a punto di politiche
- Japanese: 政策決定
- Korean: 정책 입안
- European Portuguese: criação de políticas
- Spanish: elaboración de directrices generales
Definition of policymaking from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.