Definition of 'polythene bag'
Example sentences containing 'polythene bag'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The cubes can be stored in polythene bags in the freezer. Planning the Organic Herb Garden (1986)Place in polythene bag and put in warm, dark cupboard for a few weeks. The Sun (2012)Put the flour in a polythene bag ( one without holes in the bottom) with generous amounts of salt and pepper. Times, Sunday Times (2008)
Trends of 'polythene bag'
Used Rarely. polythene bag is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'polythene bag'
British English: polythene bag /ˈpɒlɪˌθiːn bæɡ/ NOUN
A polythene bag is a bag made of thin plastic, especially one used to store or protect food or household articles.
- American English: polyethylene bag
- Arabic: حَقِيبَةٌ مِنَ البُولِيثّيـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: sacola de plástico
- Chinese: 聚乙烯袋
- Croatian: plastična vrećica
- Czech: igelitový sáček
- Danish: plasticpose
- Dutch: plastic tasje
- European Spanish: bolsa de polietileno
- Finnish: muovipussi
- French: sac plastique
- German: Plastiktüte
- Greek: τσάντα από πολυαιθυλένιο
- Italian: sacchetto di plastica
- Japanese: ポリエチレンの袋
- Korean: 비닐봉지
- Norwegian: plastpose
- Polish: torba polietylenowa
- European Portuguese: saco de plástico
- Romanian: pungă de plastic
- Russian: полиэтиленовый пакет
- Spanish: bolsa de polietileno
- Swedish: plastpåse
- Thai: ถุงพาสติก
- Turkish: naylon torba
- Ukrainian: поліетиленовий пакет
- Vietnamese: túi politen
Definition of polythene bag from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.