Definition of 'postbox'
Trends of 'postbox'
Used Rarely. postbox is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'postbox'
British English: postbox /ˈpəʊstˌbɒks/ NOUN
A postbox is a metal box in a public place, where you put letters and packets to be collected. They are then sorted and delivered.
- American English: mailbox
- Arabic: صُنْدُوقُ البَرِيد
- Brazilian Portuguese: caixa postal
- Chinese: 邮箱
- Croatian: poštanski sandučić
- Czech: poštovní schránka
- Danish: postboks
- Dutch: postbus
- European Spanish: buzón IngAmer
- Finnish: postilaatikko
- French: boîte aux lettres
- German: Briefkasten
- Greek: γραμματοκιβώτιο
- Italian: cassetta delle lettere
- Japanese: 郵便受
- Korean: 우체통
- Norwegian: postboks
- Polish: skrzynka pocztowa
- European Portuguese: caixa do correio
- Romanian: cutie poștală
- Russian: почтовый ящик
- Spanish: buzón
- Swedish: brevlåda
- Thai: ตู้ไปรษณีย์
- Turkish: posta kutusu
- Ukrainian: поштова скринька
- Vietnamese: hộp thư
Definition of postbox from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.