Definition of 'postgraduate'
Video: pronunciation of 'postgraduate'
Example sentences containing 'postgraduate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
She has spent the last two years doing pure maths research in Cambridge and before that she was a maths postgraduate at Lisbon University. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)Rufus, who was actually in the middle of a postgraduate course at Yale, tended to look where he was going. TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2002)At worst that could mean ejection from the postgraduate social work course he'd sweated blood to get on to. FORESTS OF THE NIGHT (2002)
Trends of 'postgraduate'
In Common Usage. postgraduate is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'postgraduate'
British English: postgraduate /pəʊstˈɡrædjʊɪt/ NOUN
A postgraduate is a student with a first degree from a university who is studying or doing research at a more advanced level.
- American English: graduate student
- Arabic: طَالِبُ دِراسات عُلْيَا
- Brazilian Portuguese: pós-graduado
- Chinese: 研究生
- Croatian: postdiplomac
- Czech: postgraduální student
- Danish: overbygningsstuderende
- Dutch: postdoctoraal
- European Spanish: posgraduado
- Finnish: jatko-opiskelija yliopistossa
- French: étudiant en troisième cycle
- German: Postgraduierter
- Greek: μεταπτυχιακός φοιτητής
- Italian: studente che segue un corso post-laurea
- Japanese: 大学院生
- Korean: 대학원생
- Norwegian: doktorgradsstudent
- Polish: absolwent
- European Portuguese: pós-graduado
- Romanian: absolvent
- Russian: аспирант
- Spanish: posgraduado
- Swedish: forskarstuderande
- Thai: นักศึกษาที่เรียนต่อจากปริญญาตรี
- Turkish: doktora
- Ukrainian: аспірант
- Vietnamese: sinh viên sau đại học
British English: postgraduate ADJECTIVE
Postgraduate study or research is done by a student who has a first degree and is studying or doing research at a more advanced level.
Definition of postgraduate from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.