Definition of 'postwoman'
Trends of 'postwoman'
Used Rarely. postwoman is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'postwoman'
British English: postwoman /ˈpəʊstwʊmən/ NOUN
A postwoman is a woman whose job is to collect and deliver letters, etc.
- American English: postal worker
- Arabic: سَاعِيةُ البَرِيد
- Brazilian Portuguese: mulher que trabalha como carteiro
- Chinese: 女邮递员
- Croatian: poštarica
- Czech: pošťačka
- Danish: kvindeligt postbud
- Dutch: postbode
- European Spanish: cartera funcionaria
- Finnish: postinkantaja naispuolinen
- French: factrice
- German: Postbotin
- Greek: γυναίκα ταχυδρόμος
- Italian: postina
- Japanese: 女性郵便配達人
- Korean: 여자 우편집배원
- Norwegian: postbud
- Polish: listonoszka
- European Portuguese: mulher que trabalha como carteiro
- Romanian: poștăriță
- Russian: почтальонша
- Spanish: cartera Repartidora de correo
- Swedish: kvinnlig brevbärare
- Thai: ไปรษณีย์หญิง
- Turkish: kadın postacı
- Ukrainian: жінка-листоноша
- Vietnamese: nữ nhân viên đưa thư
Definition of postwoman from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.