Definition of 'postwoman'
Trends of 'postwoman'
Used Rarely. postwoman is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'postwoman'
British English: postwoman /ˈpəʊstwʊmən/ NOUN
A postwoman is a woman whose job is to collect and deliver letters, etc.
- American English: postal worker
- Arabic: سَاعِيةُ البَرِيد
- Brazilian Portuguese: mulher que trabalha como carteiro
- Chinese: 女邮递员
- Croatian: poštarica
- Czech: pošťačka
- Danish: kvindeligt postbud
- Dutch: postbode
- European Spanish: cartera funcionaria
- Finnish: postinkantaja naispuolinen
- French: factrice
- German: Postbotin
- Greek: γυναίκα ταχυδρόμος
- Italian: postina
- Japanese: 女性郵便配達人
- Korean: 여자 우편집배원
- Norwegian: postbud
- Polish: listonoszka
- European Portuguese: mulher que trabalha como carteiro
- Romanian: poștăriță
- Russian: почтальонша
- Spanish: cartera Repartidora de correo
- Swedish: kvinnlig brevbärare
- Thai: ไปรษณีย์หญิง
- Turkish: kadın postacı
- Ukrainian: жінка-листоноша
- Vietnamese: nữ nhân viên đưa thư
Definition of postwoman from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.