Definition of 'potato peeler'
Translations for 'potato peeler'
British English: potato peeler /pəˈteɪtəʊ ˈpiːlə/ NOUN
A potato peeler is a special tool used for removing the skin from potatoes.
- American English: potato peeler
- Arabic: جِهازُ تَقْشِيرُ البَطَاطِس
- Brazilian Portuguese: descascador de batata
- Chinese: 马铃薯脱皮机
- Croatian: nož za guljenje krumpira
- Czech: škrabka na brambory
- Danish: kartoffelskræller
- Dutch: aardappelschilmesje
- European Spanish: pelapatatas
- Finnish: perunankuorimaveitsi
- French: économe
- German: Kartoffelschäler
- Greek: εργαλείο για ξεφλούδισμα πατάτας
- Italian: pelapatate
- Japanese: 皮むき器
- Korean: 감자 벗기는 기구
- Norwegian: potetskreller
- Polish: obieraczka do ziemniaków
- European Portuguese: descascador de batata
- Romanian: cuțit pentru curățat cartofi
- Russian: нож для чистки картофеля
- Spanish: pelapapas
- Swedish: potatisskalare
- Thai: ที่ปอกมันฝรั่ง
- Turkish: patates soyucu
- Ukrainian: картоплечистка
- Vietnamese: dao gọt khoai
Definition of potato peeler from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.