Definition of 'power broker'
Example sentences containing 'power broker'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'power broker'
British English: power broker NOUN
A power broker is someone who has a lot of influence, especially in politics, and uses it to help other people gain power.
He had been a major power-broker in the presidential elections.
- American English: power broker
- Brazilian Portuguese: formador de opinião
- Chinese: 权力经纪人
- European Spanish: agente intermediario
- French: homme d'influence
- German: Drahtzieher
- Italian: power broker
- Japanese: 黒幕
- Korean: 정치에 영향력을 행사하는 실세를 가진 사람
- European Portuguese: formador de opinião
- Spanish: agente intermediario
Definition of power broker from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.