Definition of 'president-elect'
Translations for 'president-elect'
British English: president-elect NOUN
The president-elect is the person who has been elected as the president of an organization or country, but who has not yet taken office.
...one of the president-elect's best proposals during the campaign.
- American English: president-elect
- Brazilian Portuguese: presidente eleito
- Chinese: 当选总统
- European Spanish: presidente electo
- French: président désigné
- German: designierter Präsident
- Italian: neoeletto presidente
- Japanese: 次期大統領
- Korean: 대통령 당선자
- European Portuguese: presidente eleito
- Spanish: presidente electo
Definition of president-elect from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.