Definition of 'private property'
Example sentences containing 'private property'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
They can seize a private property if it has been empty for six months. The Sun (2009)It was private property and he had no right to be there. The Sun (2006)The historic justification of private property had been that it fostered responsibility and acted as a bulwark against tyranny. The Search for Justice - a history of Britain and the British people Volume III (1990)
Trends of 'private property'
In Common Usage. private property is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'private property'
British English: private property /ˈpraɪvɪt ˈprɒpətɪ/ NOUN
Private property is land or belongings owned by a person or group and kept for their exclusive use.
- American English: private property
- Arabic: مُلْكِيَّةٌ خَاصَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: propriedade privada
- Chinese: 私有财产
- Croatian: privatno vlasništvo
- Czech: soukromý majetek
- Danish: privat ejendom
- Dutch: privé-eigendom
- European Spanish: propiedad privada
- Finnish: yksityisomaisuus
- French: propriété privée
- German: Privateigentum
- Greek: ιδιωτική περιουσία
- Italian: proprietà privata
- Japanese: 個人の所有物
- Korean: 사유 재산
- Norwegian: privat eiendom
- Polish: własność prywatna
- European Portuguese: propriedade privada
- Romanian: proprietate privată
- Russian: частная собственность
- Spanish: propiedad privada
- Swedish: enskild egendom
- Thai: ทรัพย์สมบัติส่วนตัว
- Turkish: özel mülk
- Ukrainian: приватна власність
- Vietnamese: tài sản riêng
Definition of private property from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.