Definition of 'probation officer'
Example sentences containing 'probation officer'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Prison and probation officers say he is a changed man. The Sun (2010)Some criminals could move to seeing probation officers once a month instead of weekly, say probation officers. Times, Sunday Times (2011)It is understood that an assistant chief probation officer, a senior probation officer and two probation officers are the staff suspended. Times, Sunday Times (2006)I worked part-time as a senior probation officer. Times, Sunday Times (2014)
Trends of 'probation officer'
Used Occasionally. probation officer is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'probation officer'
British English: probation officer NOUN
A probation officer is a person whose job is to supervise and help people who have committed crimes and been put on probation.
- American English: probation officer
- Brazilian Portuguese: supervisor de período probatório
- Chinese: 缓刑监助官
- European Spanish: persona a cargo de los presos en libertad condicional
- French: contrôleur judiciaire
- German: Bewährungshelfer
- Italian: ufficiale giudiziario incaricato della sorveglianza di una persona in libertà vigilata
- Japanese: 保護監察官
- Korean: 보호관찰관
- European Portuguese: supervisor de período probatório
- Spanish: persona a cargo de los presos en libertad condicional
Definition of probation officer from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.