Definition of 'record-breaking'
Translations for 'record-breaking'
British English: record-breaking ADJECTIVE
A record-breaking success, result, or performance is one that beats the previous best success, result, or performance.
The team enjoyed a record-breaking win over their rivals.
- American English: record-breaking
- Brazilian Portuguese: de quebra de recorde
- Chinese: 破纪录的
- European Spanish: que bate todos los récords
- French: qui bat tous les records
- German: Rekord-
- Italian: da record
- Japanese: 新記録の
- Korean: 기록을 깨뜨린
- European Portuguese: de quebra de recorde
- Spanish: que bate todos los récords
Definition of record-breaking from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.