Definition of 'recorded delivery'
Example sentences containing 'recorded delivery'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The letter was sent recorded delivery and insured for the full sum. Times, Sunday Times (2006)Send all your letters by recorded delivery and always save a copy. Times, Sunday Times (2013)I also sent a letter by recorded delivery. The Sun (2016)Cost of recorded delivery on a package delivered by the Royal Mail? Times, Sunday Times (2008)Defeat number 10 was not so much in the post as being handed to Tyneside with a recorded delivery letter to be signed. Times, Sunday Times (2016)The firm came back offering just over 300. I have sent two more letters by recorded delivery with no reply. The Sun (2015)A diploma in advanced complaint will only be sent after you've fired in six lawyers' letters by recorded delivery. Times, Sunday Times (2009)
Trends of 'recorded delivery'
Used Rarely. recorded delivery is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'recorded delivery'
British English: recorded delivery /rɪˈkɔːdɪd dɪˈlɪvərɪ/ NOUN
If you send a letter or parcel recorded delivery, you send it using a Post Office service which gives you an official record of the fact that it has been posted and delivered.
Use recorded delivery for large cheques or money orders.
- American English: certified mail
- Arabic: بِعِلْمِ الوُصُول
- Brazilian Portuguese: entrega registrada
- Chinese: 挂号邮寄
- Croatian: preporučena pošiljka
- Czech: doporučená zásilka
- Danish: anbefalet forsendelse
- Dutch: aangetekende brief
- European Spanish: entrega con acuse de recibo
- Finnish: kirjattu postilähetys
- French: en recommandé
- German: Einschreiben
- Greek: αποστολή συστημένου
- Italian: raccomandata
- Japanese: 簡易書留
- Korean: 배달 증명 우편
- Norwegian: registrert leveranse
- Polish: przesyłka polecona
- European Portuguese: entrega registada
- Romanian: confirmare de primire
- Russian: доставка заказной корреспонденции
- Spanish: entrega con acuse de recibo
- Swedish: rekommenderad försändelse
- Thai: การส่งแบบลงทะเบียน
- Turkish: iadeli taahhütlü
- Ukrainian: рекомендоване поштове відправлення
- Vietnamese: dịch vụ thư bảo đảm
Definition of recorded delivery from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.