Definition of 'rental car'
Trends of 'rental car'
Used Rarely. rental car is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'rental car'
British English: rental car /ˈrentlkɑː/ NOUN
A rental car is a car that you rent for a specified, usually short, period.
- American English: rental car
- Arabic: سَيَّارَةٌ للإسْتِأْجَار
- Brazilian Portuguese: carro alugado
- Chinese: 租用的车
- Croatian: unajmljeni automobil
- Czech: nájemný vůz
- Danish: lejebil
- Dutch: huurauto
- European Spanish: coche de alquiler
- Finnish: vuokra-auto
- French: voiture de location
- German: Mietauto
- Greek: νοικιασμένο αυτοκίνητο
- Italian: automobile a noleggio
- Japanese: レンタカー
- Korean: 렌트카
- Norwegian: leiebil
- Polish: wynajem samochodów
- European Portuguese: carro alugado
- Romanian: automobil de închiriat
- Russian: прокатный автомобиль
- Spanish: vehículo de alquiler
- Swedish: hyrbil
- Thai: รถเช่า
- Turkish: kiralık araba
- Ukrainian: прокатний автомобіль
- Vietnamese: ô tô cho thuê
Definition of rental car from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.