1. to touch up or change details in (a painting, essay, etc.) in order to improve it
2. Photography to change (a negative or print) by adding details or removing blemishes, etc.
3. the act or process of retouching
4. a detail that is changed in retouching
5. something, as a photograph, that has been retouched
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition, compiled by the
editors of Webster’s New World Dictionaries. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton
Mifflin Harcourt. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.