Definition of 'right-hand drive'
Example sentences containing 'right-hand drive'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The same applies to right-hand drive vehicles on continental roads. Times, Sunday Times (2007)Luxury right-hand drive cars are in demand in Uganda where motorists drive on the left. The Sun (2016)
Translations for 'right-hand drive'
British English: right-hand drive /ˈraɪtˌhænd draɪv/ NOUN
In a motor vehicle, right-hand drive is a driving system in which the steering wheel is on the right side. Cars with right-hand drive are designed to be driven in countries where people drive on the left side of the road.
- American English: right-hand drive
- Arabic: عَجَلَةُ القِيَادَةُ اليَمِيني
- Brazilian Portuguese: direção no lado direito carro
- Chinese: 右舵驾驶
- Croatian: vozilo s upravljačem na desnoj strani
- Czech: pravostranné řízení
- Danish: højrestyring
- Dutch: auto met het stuur rechts
- European Spanish: circulación por la derecha
- Finnish: oikeanpuoleinen liikenne
- French: conduite à droite
- German: Rechtssteuerung
- Greek: οδήγηση δεξιά
- Italian: guida a destra
- Japanese: 右ハンドル
- Korean: 오른쪽 핸들
- Norwegian: høyrekjøring
- Polish: ruch prawostronny
- European Portuguese: condução pela direita carro
- Romanian: volan pe dreapta
- Russian: автомобиль с правосторонним управлением
- Spanish: circulación por la derecha
- Swedish: högerstyrd
- Thai: พวงมาลัยขวา
- Turkish: sağdan trafik
- Ukrainian: правобічний рух
- Vietnamese: lái phía tay phải
Definition of right-hand drive from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.