Definition of 'rock climbing'
Trends of 'rock climbing'
Used Rarely. rock climbing is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'rock climbing'
British English: rock climbing /rɒk ˈklaɪmɪŋ/ NOUN
Rock climbing is the activity of climbing cliffs or large rocks, as a hobby or sport.
- American English: rock climbing
- Arabic: تَسَلُّقُ الصُخُور
- Brazilian Portuguese: alpinismo
- Chinese: 攀岩
- Croatian: alpinističko penjanje
- Czech: horolezectví
- Danish: bjergbestigning
- Dutch: rotsklimmen
- European Spanish: escalada en roca
- Finnish: kalliokiipeily
- French: escalade
- German: Klettern
- Greek: αναρρίχηση
- Italian: scalata
- Japanese: ロッククライミング
- Korean: 암벽타기
- Norwegian: fjellklatring
- Polish: wspinaczka górska
- European Portuguese: alpinismo
- Romanian: alpinism
- Russian: скалолазание
- Spanish: escalada en roca
- Swedish: bergsklättring
- Thai: การไต่เขา
- Turkish: tırmanma kaya
- Ukrainian: скелелазіння
- Vietnamese: môn leo núi đá
Definition of rock climbing from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.