Definition of 'roommate'
Example sentences containing 'roommate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'roommate'
Used Occasionally. roommate is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'roommate'
British English: roommate /ˈruːmˌmeɪt; ˈrʊm-/ NOUN
Your roommate is the person you share an apartment or house with.
The students were roommates for two years.
- American English: roommate
- Arabic: رَفِيقُ الـحُجْرَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: companheiro de quarto
- Chinese: 室友
- Croatian: cimer
- Czech: spolubydlící
- Danish: bofælle
- Dutch: kamergenoot
- European Spanish: compañero de cuarto
- Finnish: huonetoveri
- French: camarade de chambre
- German: Mitbewohner
- Greek: συγκάτοικος
- Italian: compagno di stanza
- Japanese: ルームメート
- Korean: 룸메이트
- Norwegian: romkamerat
- Polish: współlokator
- European Portuguese: companheiro de quarto
- Romanian: coleg de cameră
- Russian: сосед по комнате
- Spanish: compañero de cuarto
- Swedish: rumskompis
- Thai: เพื่อนร่วมห้อง
- Turkish: oda arkadaşı
- Ukrainian: співмешканець
- Vietnamese: bạn chung phòng
Definition of roommate from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.