Definition of 'round trip'
Example sentences containing 'round trip'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'round trip'
British English: round trip /raʊnd trɪp/ NOUN
If you make a round trip, you travel to a place and then back again.
The train makes the 2,400-mile round trip every week.
- American English: round trip
- Arabic: رِحْلَةُ ذِهَابٍ وإِيَاب
- Brazilian Portuguese: viagem de ida e volta
- Chinese: 往返旅行
- Croatian: kružno putovanje
- Czech: zpáteční cesta tam i zpět
- Danish: rundtur
- Dutch: retour
- European Spanish: viaje de ida y vuelta
- Finnish: edestakainen matka
- French: aller-retour
- German: Rundreise
- Greek: ταξίδι μετ’ επιστροφής
- Italian: viaggio di andata e ritorno
- Japanese: 往復
- Korean: 왕복 여행
- Norwegian: tur-retur-reise
- Polish: podróż w obie strony
- European Portuguese: viagem de ida e volta
- Romanian: călătorie dus-întors
- Russian: поездка туда и обратно
- Spanish: viaje de ida y vuelta
- Swedish: tur- och returresa
- Thai: การเดินทางไปและกลับ
- Turkish: gidiş dönüş yolculuk
- Ukrainian: поїздка в обидва боки
- Vietnamese: hành trình khứ hồi
Definition of round trip from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.