Definition of 'scuba diving'
Example sentences containing 'scuba diving'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Well if you're going scuba diving or wind-surfing it's probably an excellent idea,' I said. RESCUING ROSE (2002)
Translations for 'scuba diving'
British English: scuba diving /ˈskuːbə ˈdaɪvɪŋ/ NOUN
Scuba diving is the activity of swimming underwater using special breathing equipment.
- American English: scuba diving
- Arabic: غَوْصٌ بِجِهَازٍ للتَّنَفُّس
- Brazilian Portuguese: mergulho scuba
- Chinese: 水肺潜水
- Croatian: ronjenje s kisikom
- Czech: sportovní potápění
- Danish: sportsdykning
- Dutch: scubaduiken
- European Spanish: submarinismo
- Finnish: laitesukellus
- French: plongée sous-marine
- German: Sporttauchen
- Greek: ελεύθερη κατάδυση
- Italian: immersione subacquea
- Japanese: スキューバダイビング
- Korean: 스쿠버 다이빙
- Norwegian: snorkling
- Polish: nurkowanie z akwalungiem
- European Portuguese: mergulho
- Romanian: scufundări subacvatice
- Russian: подводное плавание c аквалангом
- Spanish: submarinismo
- Swedish: sportdykning
- Thai: การดำน้ำด้วยถังออกซิเจน
- Turkish: skuba dalış
- Ukrainian: підводне плавання
- Vietnamese: môn lặn
Definition of scuba diving from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.