Definition of 'self-catering'
Translations for 'self-catering'
British English: self-catering /ˈsɛlfˈkeɪtərɪŋ/ NOUN
If you go on a self-catering holiday or you stay in self-catering accommodation, you stay in a place where you have to make your own meals.
Independent self-catering also makes an excellent and inexpensive family holiday.
- American English: lodging with kitchen
- Arabic: خِدْمَةٌ ذَاتِية
- Brazilian Portuguese: auto-serviço
- Chinese: 自炊
- Croatian: apartman s mogućnošću pripreme hrane
- Czech: vlastní stravování
- Danish: på egen kost
- Dutch: self-catering
- European Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Finnish: majoitus, jossa asiakkaat hoitavat itse ruoanlaiton
- French: vacances autonomes
- German: Selbstversorgung
- Greek: αυτοτροφοδοσία
- Italian: self-catering
- Japanese: 自炊
- Korean: 자취
- Norwegian: selvhusholdning
- Polish: wyżywienie we własnym zakresie
- European Portuguese: alojamento com cozinha
- Romanian: self-catering
- Russian: размещение с возможностью самостоятельного приготовления пищи
- Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Swedish: självhushåll
- Thai: การหาและทำอาหารเอง
- Turkish: self-catering
- Ukrainian: самообслуговування
- Vietnamese: tự phục vụ
Definition of self-catering from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.