Definition of 'self-catering'
Translations for 'self-catering'
British English: self-catering /ˈsɛlfˈkeɪtərɪŋ/ NOUN
If you go on a self-catering holiday or you stay in self-catering accommodation, you stay in a place where you have to make your own meals.
Independent self-catering also makes an excellent and inexpensive family holiday.
- American English: lodging with kitchen
- Arabic: خِدْمَةٌ ذَاتِية
- Brazilian Portuguese: auto-serviço
- Chinese: 自炊
- Croatian: apartman s mogućnošću pripreme hrane
- Czech: vlastní stravování
- Danish: på egen kost
- Dutch: self-catering
- European Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Finnish: majoitus, jossa asiakkaat hoitavat itse ruoanlaiton
- French: vacances autonomes
- German: Selbstversorgung
- Greek: αυτοτροφοδοσία
- Italian: self-catering
- Japanese: 自炊
- Korean: 자취
- Norwegian: selvhusholdning
- Polish: wyżywienie we własnym zakresie
- European Portuguese: alojamento com cozinha
- Romanian: self-catering
- Russian: размещение с возможностью самостоятельного приготовления пищи
- Spanish: sin servicio de comidas
- Swedish: självhushåll
- Thai: การหาและทำอาหารเอง
- Turkish: self-catering
- Ukrainian: самообслуговування
- Vietnamese: tự phục vụ
Definition of self-catering from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.