Definition of 'senior citizen'
Trends of 'senior citizen'
Used Rarely. senior citizen is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'senior citizen'
British English: senior citizen /ˈsiːnjə ˈsɪtɪzn/ NOUN
A senior citizen is a person who is old enough to receive an old-age pension.
...services for senior citizens.
- American English: senior citizen
- Arabic: مُتَقَدِّمٌ في السِّنّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: pessoa idosa
- Chinese: 老年公民
- Croatian: starija osoba
- Czech: osoba důchodového věku
- Danish: pensionist
- Dutch: 65-plusser
- European Spanish: persona de la tercera edad
- Finnish: eläkeläinen
- French: personne âgée
- German: Senior
- Greek: υπερήλικας
- Italian: anziano
- Japanese: 高齢者
- Korean: 노인
- Norwegian: pensjonist
- Polish: starsza osoba
- European Portuguese: pessoa idosa
- Romanian: cetățean în vârstă
- Russian: пенсионер
- Spanish: persona de la tercera edad
- Swedish: pensionär
- Thai: พลเมืองอาวุโส
- Turkish: yaşlı vatandaş
- Ukrainian: громадянин похилого віку
- Vietnamese: người già
Definition of senior citizen from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.