Definition of 'service station'
Translations for 'service station'
British English: service station /ˈsɜːvɪs ˈsteɪʃən/ NOUN
A service station is a place that sells things such as petrol, oil, and spare parts. Service stations often sell food, drink, and other goods.
- American English: service station
- Arabic: مَحَطَةُ الـخِدْمَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: posto de serviços gasolina
- Chinese: 加油站
- Croatian: benzinska crpka
- Czech: čerpací stanice
- Danish: tankstation
- Dutch: benzinestation
- European Spanish: estación de servicio
- Finnish: huoltoasema
- French: station-service
- German: Tankstelle
- Greek: πρατήριο βενζίνης και συνεργείο
- Italian: stazione di servizio
- Japanese: ガソリンスタンド
- Korean: 주유소
- Norwegian: servicestasjon
- Polish: stacja obsługi
- European Portuguese: estação de serviço gasolina
- Romanian: benzinărie
- Russian: пункт обслуживания на автостраде
- Spanish: estación de servicio
- Swedish: bensinstation
- Thai: สถานีบริการ
- Turkish: benzin istasyonu
- Ukrainian: станція технічного обслуговування
- Vietnamese: trạm xăng
Definition of service station from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.