Definition of 'service station'
Translations for 'service station'
British English: service station /ˈsɜːvɪs ˈsteɪʃən/ NOUN
A service station is a place that sells things such as petrol, oil, and spare parts. Service stations often sell food, drink, and other goods.
- American English: service station
- Arabic: مَحَطَةُ الـخِدْمَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: posto de serviços gasolina
- Chinese: 加油站
- Croatian: benzinska crpka
- Czech: čerpací stanice
- Danish: tankstation
- Dutch: benzinestation
- European Spanish: estación de servicio
- Finnish: huoltoasema
- French: station-service
- German: Tankstelle
- Greek: πρατήριο βενζίνης και συνεργείο
- Italian: stazione di servizio
- Japanese: ガソリンスタンド
- Korean: 주유소
- Norwegian: servicestasjon
- Polish: stacja obsługi
- European Portuguese: estação de serviço gasolina
- Romanian: benzinărie
- Russian: пункт обслуживания на автостраде
- Spanish: estación de servicio
- Swedish: bensinstation
- Thai: สถานีบริการ
- Turkish: benzin istasyonu
- Ukrainian: станція технічного обслуговування
- Vietnamese: trạm xăng
Definition of service station from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.