Definition of 'service station'
Translations for 'service station'
British English: service station /ˈsɜːvɪs ˈsteɪʃən/ NOUN
A service station is a place that sells things such as petrol, oil, and spare parts. Service stations often sell food, drink, and other goods.
- American English: service station
- Arabic: مَحَطَةُ الـخِدْمَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: posto de serviços gasolina
- Chinese: 加油站
- Croatian: benzinska crpka
- Czech: čerpací stanice
- Danish: tankstation
- Dutch: benzinestation
- European Spanish: estación de servicio
- Finnish: huoltoasema
- French: station-service
- German: Tankstelle
- Greek: πρατήριο βενζίνης και συνεργείο
- Italian: stazione di servizio
- Japanese: ガソリンスタンド
- Korean: 주유소
- Norwegian: servicestasjon
- Polish: stacja obsługi
- European Portuguese: estação de serviço gasolina
- Romanian: benzinărie
- Russian: пункт обслуживания на автостраде
- Spanish: estación de servicio
- Swedish: bensinstation
- Thai: สถานีบริการ
- Turkish: benzin istasyonu
- Ukrainian: станція технічного обслуговування
- Vietnamese: trạm xăng
Definition of service station from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.