Definition of 'shareware'
Trends of 'shareware'
Used Rarely. shareware is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'shareware'
British English: shareware NOUN
Shareware is computer software that you can try before deciding whether or not to buy the legal right to use it.
...a shareware program.
- American English: shareware
- Brazilian Portuguese: software que oferece uma versão teste antes da compra do produto
- Chinese: 共享软件
- European Spanish: programa de prueba
- French: partagiciel
- German: Shareware
- Italian: shareware
- Japanese: シェアウェア
- Korean: 보통 저작권을 가진 소프트웨어로 사용할때 돈을 지불해야 한다
- European Portuguese: software que oferece uma versão de teste antes da compra do produto
- Spanish: programa de prueba
Definition of shareware from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.