Definition of 'shareware'
Trends of 'shareware'
Used Rarely. shareware is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'shareware'
British English: shareware NOUN
Shareware is computer software that you can try before deciding whether or not to buy the legal right to use it.
...a shareware program.
- American English: shareware
- Brazilian Portuguese: software que oferece uma versão teste antes da compra do produto
- Chinese: 共享软件
- European Spanish: programa de prueba
- French: partagiciel
- German: Shareware
- Italian: shareware
- Japanese: シェアウェア
- Korean: 보통 저작권을 가진 소프트웨어로 사용할때 돈을 지불해야 한다
- European Portuguese: software que oferece uma versão de teste antes da compra do produto
- Spanish: programa de prueba
Definition of shareware from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.