Definition of 'shopping centre'
Translations for 'shopping centre'
British English: shopping centre /ˈʃɒpɪŋ ˈsɛntə/ NOUN
A shopping centre is an area in a town where a lot of shops have been built close together.
The new shopping centre was constructed last year.
- American English: shopping center
- Arabic: مَرْكَزُ التَّسَوُّق
- Brazilian Portuguese: shopping center
- Chinese: 购物中心
- Croatian: trgovački centar
- Czech: nákupní středisko
- Danish: butikscenter
- Dutch: winkelcentrum
- European Spanish: centro comercial
- Finnish: ostoskeskus
- French: centre commercial
- German: Einkaufszentrum
- Greek: εμπορικό κέντρο
- Italian: centro commerciale
- Japanese: ショッピングセンター
- Korean: 쇼핑센터
- Norwegian: kjøpesenter
- Polish: centrum handlowe
- European Portuguese: centro comercial
- Romanian: centru comercial
- Russian: торговый центр
- Spanish: centro comercial
- Swedish: köpcentrum
- Thai: ศูนย์การค้า
- Turkish: alışveriş merkezi
- Ukrainian: торгівельний центр
- Vietnamese: trung tâm thương mại
Definition of shopping centre from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.