Definition of 'show jumper'
Image of 'show jumper'
© Abramova Kseniya, shutterstock
Translations for 'show jumper'
British English: show jumper NOUN
A show jumper is a person who takes part in the sport of show jumping.
I loved horses as a child and was a junior show jumper.
- American English: show jumper
- Brazilian Portuguese: cavaleiro que compete na modalidade de saltos
- Chinese: 马术跳栏骑师
- European Spanish: jinete
- French: cavalier de concours hippique
- German: Springreiter
- Italian: chi gareggia in una corsa di cavalli a ostacoli
- Japanese: スノージャンプ選手
- Korean: 장애물 넘기 선수
- European Portuguese: cavaleiro que compete na modalidade de saltos
- Spanish: jinete
Definition of show jumper from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.