Definition of 'shower cap'
Example sentences containing 'shower cap'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'shower cap'
Used Rarely. shower cap is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'shower cap'
British English: shower cap /ˈʃaʊə kæp/ NOUN
A shower cap is a waterproof cap that you wear in the shower to keep your hair dry.
- American English: shower cap
- Arabic: غِطَاءُ الشَّعْرِ لِلِاسْتِحْمَام
- Brazilian Portuguese: touca de banho
- Chinese: 淋浴帽
- Croatian: kapa za tuširanje
- Czech: sprchovací čepice
- Danish: badehætte
- Dutch: douchekapje
- European Spanish: gorro de ducha
- Finnish: suihkumyssy
- French: bonnet de douche
- German: Duschhaube
- Greek: σκουφάκι μπάνιου
- Italian: cuffia da doccia
- Japanese: シャワーキャップ
- Korean: 샤워 캡
- Norwegian: dusjhette
- Polish: czepek pod prysznic
- European Portuguese: touca de banho
- Romanian: bonetă de duș
- Russian: шапочка для душа
- Spanish: gorro de ducha
- Swedish: duschmössa
- Thai: หมวกอาบน้ำ
- Turkish: duş başlığı
- Ukrainian: шапочка для душу
- Vietnamese: mũ che tóc khi tắm
Definition of shower cap from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.