Definition of 'skateboarding'
Image of 'skateboarding'
© Tischenko Irina, shutterstock
Trends of 'skateboarding'
Used Rarely. skateboarding is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'skateboarding'
British English: skateboarding /ˈskeɪtˌbɔːdɪŋ/ NOUN
Skateboarding is the activity of riding on a skateboard.
...a skateboarding competition.
- American English: skateboarding
- Arabic: تَزَلُجٌ عَلَى الْلَوحِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: skateboarding
- Chinese: 滑板运动
- Croatian: skateboarding
- Czech: skateboarding
- Danish: skateboarding
- Dutch: skateboarden
- European Spanish: patinaje en monopatín
- Finnish: rullalautailu
- French: skate
- German: Skateboardfahren
- Greek: σκέιτμπορντ άθλημα
- Italian: skateboard
- Japanese: スケートボーディング
- Korean: 스케이트보드 타기
- Norwegian: stå på rullebrett
- Polish: jazda na deskorolce
- European Portuguese: ato de andar de skate
- Romanian: a face skateboard
- Russian: катание на скейтборде
- Spanish: patinaje en monopatín
- Swedish: skateboardåkning
- Thai: การเล่นกระดานสเก็ต
- Turkish: skateboard yapma
- Ukrainian: скейтбординг
- Vietnamese: môn trượt ván
Definition of skateboarding from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.