Definition of 'smart phone'
Example sentences containing 'smart phone'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The abuse takes place in person or via social media, through the internet and mobile smart phones. The Sun (2012)These can be accessed by you through your smart phone or computer as part of a health, fitness or diet regime. Times, Sunday Times (2014)Yet that's precisely what seems to be happening with 3G internet access on smart phones and mobile tablets. Times, Sunday Times (2011)
Translations for 'smart phone'
British English: smart phone /smɑːt fəʊn/ NOUN
A smart phone is a type of mobile phone that can do some of the things that a computer does, such as using the Internet.
- American English: smart phone
- Arabic: هَاتِفٌ ذَكِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: smartphone celular sofisticado
- Chinese: 智能手机
- Croatian: pametan telefon
- Czech: smart phone komunikační zařízení
- Danish: smartphone
- Dutch: smartphone
- European Spanish: smartphone
- Finnish: älypuhelin
- French: smartphone
- German: Smartphone
- Greek: «έξυπνο» τηλέφωνο
- Italian: smartphone
- Japanese: スマートフォン
- Korean: 스마트 폰
- Norwegian: smarttelefon
- Polish: urządzenie przenośne klasy PDA
- European Portuguese: smartphone telemóvel sofisticado
- Romanian: smartphone
- Russian: смартфон
- Spanish: smartphone
- Swedish: smarttelefon
- Thai: โทรศัพท์มือถือที่สามารถเข้าใช้งานอินเตอร์เน็ต
- Turkish: akıllı telefon
- Ukrainian: смартфон
- Vietnamese: điện thoại thông minh
Definition of smart phone from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.