Definition of 'social services'
Trends of 'social services'
In Common Usage. social services is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'social services'
British English: social services /ˈsəʊʃəl ˈsɜːvɪsɪz/ NOUN
Social services are services provided by the local authority to help people who have serious family problems or financial problems.
Social services are trying to help these children.
- American English: social services
- Arabic: خَدَمَاتٌ اجْتِمَاعِيّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistência social
- Chinese: 社会福利事业
- Croatian: socijalna služba
- Czech: sociální služby
- Danish: socialforsorg
- Dutch: sociale dienst
- European Spanish: servicios sociales
- Finnish: sosiaalihuolto
- French: services sociaux
- German: Sozialdienste
- Greek: υπηρεσίες κοινωνικής πρόνοιας
- Italian: servizi sociali
- Japanese: 政府の社会福祉事業
- Korean: 사회 사업
- Norwegian: sosialtjeneste
- Polish: świadczenia społeczne
- European Portuguese: assistência social
- Romanian: asistență socială
- Russian: социальные услуги
- Spanish: servicios sociales
- Swedish: socialvården
- Thai: การบริการสังคมสงเคราะห์
- Turkish: sosyal hizmetler
- Ukrainian: соціальні послуги
- Vietnamese: dịch vụ xã hội
Definition of social services from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
Audrey Brow, Unicorn Farts & Space Grease: June’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this June with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.