Definition of 'social services'
Trends of 'social services'
In Common Usage. social services is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'social services'
British English: social services /ˈsəʊʃəl ˈsɜːvɪsɪz/ NOUN
Social services are services provided by the local authority to help people who have serious family problems or financial problems.
Social services are trying to help these children.
- American English: social services
- Arabic: خَدَمَاتٌ اجْتِمَاعِيّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistência social
- Chinese: 社会福利事业
- Croatian: socijalna služba
- Czech: sociální služby
- Danish: socialforsorg
- Dutch: sociale dienst
- European Spanish: servicios sociales
- Finnish: sosiaalihuolto
- French: services sociaux
- German: Sozialdienste
- Greek: υπηρεσίες κοινωνικής πρόνοιας
- Italian: servizi sociali
- Japanese: 政府の社会福祉事業
- Korean: 사회 사업
- Norwegian: sosialtjeneste
- Polish: świadczenia społeczne
- European Portuguese: assistência social
- Romanian: asistență socială
- Russian: социальные услуги
- Spanish: servicios sociales
- Swedish: socialvården
- Thai: การบริการสังคมสงเคราะห์
- Turkish: sosyal hizmetler
- Ukrainian: соціальні послуги
- Vietnamese: dịch vụ xã hội
Definition of social services from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.