Definition of 'social services'
Trends of 'social services'
In Common Usage. social services is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'social services'
British English: social services /ˈsəʊʃəl ˈsɜːvɪsɪz/ NOUN
Social services are services provided by the local authority to help people who have serious family problems or financial problems.
Social services are trying to help these children.
- American English: social services
- Arabic: خَدَمَاتٌ اجْتِمَاعِيّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistência social
- Chinese: 社会福利事业
- Croatian: socijalna služba
- Czech: sociální služby
- Danish: socialforsorg
- Dutch: sociale dienst
- European Spanish: servicios sociales
- Finnish: sosiaalihuolto
- French: services sociaux
- German: Sozialdienste
- Greek: υπηρεσίες κοινωνικής πρόνοιας
- Italian: servizi sociali
- Japanese: 政府の社会福祉事業
- Korean: 사회 사업
- Norwegian: sosialtjeneste
- Polish: świadczenia społeczne
- European Portuguese: assistência social
- Romanian: asistență socială
- Russian: социальные услуги
- Spanish: servicios sociales
- Swedish: socialvården
- Thai: การบริการสังคมสงเคราะห์
- Turkish: sosyal hizmetler
- Ukrainian: соціальні послуги
- Vietnamese: dịch vụ xã hội
Definition of social services from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.