Definition of 'spare wheel'
Trends of 'spare wheel'
Used Rarely. spare wheel is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'spare wheel'
British English: spare wheel /spɛə wiːl/ NOUN
A spare wheel is a wheel with a tyre on it that you keep in your car in case you get a flat tyre and need to replace one of your wheels.
- American English: spare wheel
- Arabic: عَجَلَةٌ احْتِيَاطِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: pneu sobresselente
- Chinese: 备用轮
- Croatian: rezervni kotač
- Czech: rezerva náhradní kolo
- Danish: reservehjul
- Dutch: reservewiel
- European Spanish: rueda de recambio
- Finnish: varapyörä
- French: roue de secours
- German: Reserverad
- Greek: ρεζέρβα
- Italian: ruota di scorta
- Japanese: スペアホイール
- Korean: 예비 바퀴 n
- Norwegian: reservehjul
- Polish: koło zapasowe
- European Portuguese: roda sobressalente
- Romanian: roată de rezervă
- Russian: запасное колесо
- Spanish: rueda de repuesto
- Swedish: reservhjul
- Thai: ล้ออะไหล่
- Turkish: stepne
- Ukrainian: запасне колесо
- Vietnamese: bánh xe dự phòng
Definition of spare wheel from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.