Definition of 'spellchecker'
Trends of 'spellchecker'
Used Rarely. spellchecker is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'spellchecker'
British English: spellchecker /ˈspɛlˌtʃɛkə/ NOUN
A spellchecker is a special program on a computer which you can use to check for spelling mistakes.
- American English: spellchecker
- Arabic: مُصَحِحُ الْتَهْجِئَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: corretor ortográfico
- Chinese: 拼写检查器
- Croatian: provjera grešaka
- Czech: kontrola pravopisu v počítači
- Danish: stavekontrol
- Dutch: spellingchecker
- European Spanish: corrector ortográfico
- Finnish: oikolukuohjelma
- French: correcteur d’orthographe
- German: Rechtschreibprüfung
- Greek: πρόγραμμα ελέγχου ορθογραφίας
- Italian: controllo ortografico
- Japanese: スペルチェッカー
- Korean: 철자검사 프로그램
- Norwegian: stavekontroll
- Polish: funkcja sprawdzania pisowni
- European Portuguese: corretor ortográfico
- Romanian: program corector
- Russian: программа проверки орфографии
- Latin American Spanish: corrector ortográfico
- Swedish: stavningskontroll
- Thai: ซอฟต์แวร์ของคอมพิวเตอร์ที่ใช้สำหรับตรวจคำศัพท์
- Turkish: yazım denetimi
- Ukrainian: програма перевірки правопису
- Vietnamese: phần mềm kiểm tra lỗi chính tả
Definition of spellchecker from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.