Definition of 'staffroom'
Example sentences containing 'staffroom'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I did it at school when I was little, I try and do it in the staffroom now, it's the only power I have, making people laugh. LOST CHILDREN (2004)By now it was lunchtime, and he peered into the staffroom as he passed in case Rye was eating her sandwich there. CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2004)
Trends of 'staffroom'
Used Occasionally. staffroom is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'staffroom'
British English: staffroom /ˈstɑːfˌruːm/ NOUN
The staffroom is a room that an organization provides for the use of the people who work for it.
- American English: staffroom
- Arabic: غُرْفَةُ العَامِلِيـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: sala dos funcionários
- Chinese: 职员休息室
- Croatian: prostorije za osoblje
- Czech: sborovna
- Danish: personalerum
- Dutch: leraarskamer
- European Spanish: sala de personal
- Finnish: henkilökunnan huone
- French: salle du personnel
- German: Lehrerzimmer
- Greek: δωμάτιο προσωπικού
- Italian: sala professori
- Japanese: 職員室
- Korean: 직원실
- Norwegian: personalrom
- Polish: pokój dla personelu
- European Portuguese: sala dos funcionários
- Romanian: cameră pentru angajați
- Russian: комната персонала
- Spanish: sala de profesores
- Swedish: personalrum
- Thai: ห้องสำหรับคณะผู้ทำงาน
- Turkish: personel odası
- Ukrainian: службове приміщення
- Vietnamese: phòng nhân viên
Definition of staffroom from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.