Definition of 'staffroom'
Example sentences containing 'staffroom'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'staffroom'
Used Occasionally. staffroom is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'staffroom'
British English: staffroom /ˈstɑːfˌruːm/ NOUN
The staffroom is a room that an organization provides for the use of the people who work for it.
- American English: staffroom
- Arabic: غُرْفَةُ العَامِلِيـن
- Brazilian Portuguese: sala dos funcionários
- Chinese: 职员休息室
- Croatian: prostorije za osoblje
- Czech: sborovna
- Danish: personalerum
- Dutch: leraarskamer
- European Spanish: sala de personal
- Finnish: henkilökunnan huone
- French: salle du personnel
- German: Lehrerzimmer
- Greek: δωμάτιο προσωπικού
- Italian: sala professori
- Japanese: 職員室
- Korean: 직원실
- Norwegian: personalrom
- Polish: pokój dla personelu
- European Portuguese: sala dos funcionários
- Romanian: cameră pentru angajați
- Russian: комната персонала
- Spanish: sala de profesores
- Swedish: personalrum
- Thai: ห้องสำหรับคณะผู้ทำงาน
- Turkish: personel odası
- Ukrainian: службове приміщення
- Vietnamese: phòng nhân viên
Definition of staffroom from the Collins English Dictionary
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.