Definition of 'stag night'
Trends of 'stag night'
Used Rarely. stag night is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'stag night'
British English: stag night /stæɡ naɪt/ NOUN
A stag night is a party for a man who is getting married very soon, to which only men are invited.
- American English: bachelor party
- Arabic: حَفْلَةُ تَوْدِيعِ العُزُوبِيَّةِ لِلرِّجَال
- Brazilian Portuguese: festa de despedida de solteiro
- Chinese: 男性社交晚会
- Croatian: momačka večer
- Czech: pánská jízda před svatbou
- Danish: polterabend
- Dutch: vrijgezellenavond
- European Spanish: despedida de soltero
- Finnish: miehen polttarit
- French: enterrement de vie de garçon
- German: Junggesellenabschied
- Greek: πάρτι εργένηδων για άντρες
- Italian: addio al celibato
- Japanese: スタッグパーティー
- Korean: 총각 파티
- Norwegian: utdrikningsselskap
- Polish: wieczór kawalerski
- European Portuguese: festa de despedida de solteiro
- Romanian: petrecere a burlacilor
- Russian: холостяцкая вечеринка
- Latin American Spanish: despedida de soltero
- Swedish: svensexa
- Thai: งานเลี้ยงของหนุ่มโสดก่อนวันแต่งงาน
- Turkish: bekarlığa veda partisi erkek
- Ukrainian: парубочий вечір
- Vietnamese: bữa tiệc dành riêng cho đàn ông trước khi cưới
Definition of stag night from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.