Definition of 'standing order'
Example sentences containing 'standing order'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I suppose - "she turned to Tamsin - `we have a standing order for two bouquets a day for the rest of the week? DEATH IN FASHION (1995)
It was now a standing order that anything earmarked for Calis's special force was to be shipped to the Knight-Marshal. RISE OF A MERCHANT PRINCE: BOOK TWO OF THE SERPENTWAR SAGA (1995)
Trends of 'standing order'
Used Rarely. standing order is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'standing order'
British English: standing order /ˈstændɪŋ ˈɔːdə/ NOUN
A standing order is an instruction to your bank to pay a fixed amount of money to someone at regular times.
- American English: standing order
- Arabic: أَمْرٌ دَائِم
- Brazilian Portuguese: débito em conta
- Chinese: 长期有效委托书
- Croatian: trajni nalog
- Czech: trvalý příkaz
- Danish: stående ordre
- Dutch: automatische overschrijving
- European Spanish: orden permanente de pago
- Finnish: maksupalvelusopimus
- French: virement automatique
- German: Dauerauftrag
- Greek: πάγια εντολή
- Italian: ordine permanente
- Japanese: 自動振替
- Korean: 자동 대체의 의뢰
- Norwegian: fast betalingsoppdrag
- Polish: zlecenie stałe
- European Portuguese: débito em conta
- Romanian: ordin de plată fixă la intervale regulate
- Russian: постоянное поручение
- Latin American Spanish: orden permanente de pago
- Swedish: stående betalningsuppdrag
- Thai: บริการโอนเงินตามคำสั่ง
- Turkish: banka ödeme emri
- Ukrainian: платіжне доручення
- Vietnamese: lệnh trả tiền
Definition of standing order from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.