Definition of 'standing order'
Example sentences containing 'standing order'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I suppose - "she turned to Tamsin - `we have a standing order for two bouquets a day for the rest of the week? DEATH IN FASHION (1995)
Trends of 'standing order'
Used Rarely. standing order is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'standing order'
British English: standing order /ˈstændɪŋ ˈɔːdə/ NOUN
A standing order is an instruction to your bank to pay a fixed amount of money to someone at regular times.
- American English: standing order
- Arabic: أَمْرٌ دَائِم
- Brazilian Portuguese: débito em conta
- Chinese: 长期有效委托书
- Croatian: trajni nalog
- Czech: trvalý příkaz
- Danish: stående ordre
- Dutch: automatische overschrijving
- European Spanish: orden permanente de pago
- Finnish: maksupalvelusopimus
- French: virement automatique
- German: Dauerauftrag
- Greek: πάγια εντολή
- Italian: ordine permanente
- Japanese: 自動振替
- Korean: 자동 대체의 의뢰
- Norwegian: fast betalingsoppdrag
- Polish: zlecenie stałe
- European Portuguese: débito em conta
- Romanian: ordin de plată fixă la intervale regulate
- Russian: постоянное поручение
- Spanish: orden permanente de pago
- Swedish: stående betalningsuppdrag
- Thai: บริการโอนเงินตามคำสั่ง
- Turkish: banka ödeme emri
- Ukrainian: платіжне доручення
- Vietnamese: lệnh trả tiền
Definition of standing order from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
Audrey Brow, Unicorn Farts & Space Grease: June’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this June with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.