Definition of 'stationery'
Example sentences containing 'stationery'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Were you getting it on with the stockboy in the stationery cupboard? LOOKING FOR ANDREW MCCARTHY (2002)Taking a sheet of hotel stationery from the drawer of one of the desks I wrote: `Any chance of seeing you for a moment? ABSOLUTE TRUTHS (2002)There was a stationery store at street level, with a doorway on one side with a sign above it that said `Elmar Dance Company, 2nd Floor. MURDER IN E MINOR (2002)
Trends of 'stationery'
Used Occasionally. stationery is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'stationery'
British English: stationery /ˈsteɪʃənərɪ/ NOUN
Stationery is paper, envelopes, and writing equipment.
...paper and other office stationery.
- American English: stationery
- Arabic: أَدَوَاتٌ مَكْتَبِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: artigos de papelaria
- Chinese: 文具
- Croatian: uredski materijal
- Czech: papírnické zboží
- Danish: papirvarer
- Dutch: kantoorbenodigdheden
- European Spanish: artículos de escritorio
- Finnish: kirjoitustarvikkeet
- French: fournitures de bureau
- German: Schreibwaren
- Greek: γραφική ύλη
- Italian: cancelleria
- Japanese: 文房具
- Korean: 문방구
- Norwegian: skrivepapir
- Polish: materiały piśmienne
- European Portuguese: artigos de papelaria
- Romanian: articol de papetărie
- Russian: канцтовары
- Spanish: artículos de escritorio
- Swedish: pappersvaror
- Thai: เครื่องเขียน
- Turkish: kırtasiye
- Ukrainian: канцтовари
- Vietnamese: văn phòng phẩm
Nearby words of 'stationery'
Definition of stationery from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.