Definition of 'sunblock'
Translations for 'sunblock'
British English: sunblock /ˈsʌnˌblɒk/ NOUN
Sunblock is a cream which you put on your skin to protect it completely from the sun.
- American English: sunblock
- Arabic: كِريـمٌ لِلْوِقَايَةُ مِنَ الشَّمْس
- Brazilian Portuguese: protetor solar
- Chinese: 防晒霜
- Croatian: sredstvo za zaštitu od sunca
- Czech: ochranný krém proti slunci
- Danish: solcreme
- Dutch: sunblock
- European Spanish: filtro solar
- Finnish: voimakkaasti suojaava aurinkovoide
- French: écran total
- German: Sonnenschutzcreme
- Greek: αντηλιακό
- Italian: crema solare ad alto fattore di protezione
- Japanese: 日焼け止め
- Korean: 자외선 차단제
- Norwegian: solkrem
- Polish: krem z filtrem przeciwsłonecznym
- European Portuguese: protector solar
- Romanian: loțiune pentru plajă
- Russian: солнцезащитный крем
- Spanish: filtro solar
- Swedish: solskyddsmedel
- Thai: ครีมกันแสงอาทิตย์
- Turkish: koruyucu güneş kremi
- Ukrainian: сонцезахисний засіб
- Vietnamese: kem chống nắng
Definition of sunblock from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.