Definition of 'sunglasses'
Trends of 'sunglasses'
Used Occasionally. sunglasses is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'sunglasses'
British English: sunglasses /ˈsʌnˌɡlɑːsɪz/ NOUN
Sunglasses are spectacles with dark lenses to protect your eyes from bright sunlight.
She put on a pair of sunglasses.
- American English: sunglasses
- Arabic: نَظَّاراتٌ شَمْسِيَّة
- Brazilian Portuguese: óculos de sol
- Chinese: 太阳镜
- Croatian: sunčane naočale
- Czech: sluneční brýle
- Danish: solbriller
- Dutch: zonnebril
- European Spanish: gafas de sol
- Finnish: aurinkolasit
- French: lunettes de soleil
- German: Sonnenbrille
- Greek: γυαλιά ηλίου
- Italian: occhiali da sole
- Japanese: サングラス
- Korean: 선글라스
- Norwegian: solbriller
- Polish: okulary przeciwsłoneczne
- European Portuguese: óculos de sol
- Romanian: ochelari de soare
- Russian: солнцезащитные очки
- Spanish: gafas de sol
- Swedish: solglasögon
- Thai: แว่นตากันแดด
- Turkish: güneş gözlüğü
- Ukrainian: сонцезахисні окуляри
- Vietnamese: kính râm
Definition of sunglasses from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.