Definition of 'suntan oil'
Example sentences containing 'suntan oil'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`Do this, "and she splashed water on her face, so the bright beads stood out on the suntan oil. COUP D'ETAT (2001)"when she typed yet another wrong letter (the sweat and suntan oil made my fingers slip on the keys). TIME OF THE WOLF (2001)The sand beneath his bare feet was warm where they'd been lying, and sticky with suntan oil. THE GREAT AND SECRET SHOW (2001)
Trends of 'suntan oil'
Used Rarely. suntan oil is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'suntan oil'
British English: suntan oil /ˈsʌntæn ɔɪl/ NOUN
Suntan oil protects your skin from the sun.
- American English: suntan oil
- Arabic: الزَّيْتُ الوَاقِي مِنَ الشَّمْس
- Brazilian Portuguese: óleo bronzeador
- Chinese: 防晒油
- Croatian: ulje za sunčanje
- Czech: opalovací olej
- Danish: sololie
- Dutch: zonnebrandolie
- European Spanish: aceite bronceador
- Finnish: aurinkoöljy
- French: huile de bronzage
- German: Sonnenöl
- Greek: λάδι για μαύρισμα
- Italian: olio solare
- Japanese: サンタンオイル
- Korean: 선탠 오일
- Norwegian: sololje
- Polish: olejek do opalania
- European Portuguese: óleo bronzeador
- Romanian: ulei de bronzare
- Russian: масло для загара
- Spanish: aceite bronceador
- Swedish: sololja
- Thai: น้ำมันที่ทำให้ผิวเป็นสีน้ำตาล
- Turkish: güneş yağı
- Ukrainian: олія для засмаги
- Vietnamese: dầu tắm nắng
Definition of suntan oil from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.